Rosemary Claus-Gray is a fiber artist inspired by the lines, shapes and color found in nature. She creates in a minimalist and abstract style. Drawn to the work of artists who are painters, she often thinks of her work as painting with fabric. She uses sheer and translucent fabrics to merge one value with another, resulting in very subtle color shifts. She uses hand and machine stitching as a mark-making tool, giving definition to positive and negative shapes, adding texture and the illusion of depth.
Retired from work as a clinical social worker, she is now a full-time studio artist. Her art is an expression of her faith, joy of life, and inner peace that brings balance to her life.
- International invitational exhibit, Taiwan. 2009
- Coos Art Museum, Portland, OR. New Focus exhibit 2008
- Yeiser Art Gallery, Paducah, KY. 2008
- Fleishman-Hillard, Art St. Louis off-site Exhibit, solo show 2008
- Art Quilts Lowell, Brush Gallery, Lowell, MA. 2008
- Ross Art Museum, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2008
- Fiber Focus ?07, Art St. Louis Gallery Exhibit catalog
- PAQA Sculptures, traveling exhibit
- Riffe Art Gallery, Ohio Arts Council, Columbus, Ohio
- Tinen Fine Arts Center, Three Rivers College, Solo Show.
- Regional Arts Council, Cape Girardeau, MO, Solo show.
- National Park Service, Invitational exhibit, Baker City, Oregon.
- Art Quilts at the Whistler Museum, Lowell, MA. Best of Show
- Convergence 2004, Fiber Celebration, Loveland, CO.
- Margaret Harwell Art Museum. Curated exhibit, Poplar Bluff, MO.
- Fine Focus 2004, traveling exhibit from 2004 - 2006,
- Cordova Art Museum, Cordova, Alaska. Best of Show
- Dreaming the Garden, traveling exhibit. Curated by Laura Cater-Woods.
- Fiber Focus 6, Art St. Louis, Exhibition Catalog.
- Craft National, Pennsylvania. Zoller Gallery.
- Sacred Threads, juried fiber arts exhibit, Selected for promotional material.
- MOAK 4 State Regional, Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO.
- Studio Art Quilt Invitational, Northeast Quilt Festival, Farmington, CT.
- Fiber Celebration 2002, Northern Colorado Weavers Guild, selected for promotional material in 2004
- International Quilt Festival, Tokyo, Japan.
- America: From the Heart traveling exhibit,
- Roots of Racism, Fear and Ignorance, Traveling exhibit.
- Art in Embassies program, Pakistan.
- SAQA Journal article, summer 2009
- Art St. Louis, Fiber Focus 07 catalog
- Studio Art Quilter Association Journal
- Quilting Arts Magazine, two articles, Winter 2006, and Spring 2007
- Quilting Arts Magazine, Summer, 2004
- Quilter’s Newsletter Magazine, June/July 2003
- Fiber Focus 06, Exhibit catalog, Art St. Louis, June 2003
- Sacred Threads, promotional material. May, June 2003
- St. Louis Homes & Lifestyles magazine, April 2003, article and pictures
- Convergence, Weaver’s Guild, use of Organic Shapes V, for Publicity, 2004
- Professional Quilter, July, 2003, cover picture, with feature article
- Missouri Prairie Journal, cover, and feature article.
- America: From the Heart, book, published, spring 2002
- Art in Embassies, Brazzaville, Congo
- Marjorie Hoeltzel, private collection
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith, private collection commission
- Kelekian Art Gallery, in Beirut, Lebanon at the Sharjah Art Museum.
- Dr. and Mrs. Michael Thompson , commission for professional office
- Dr. Scott Murkin, private collection
- Pam Rubert, artist, private collection
- Paula Scaffidi, artist, private collection
- Dianne Crumbaker, private collection
- Karen Stiehl Osborn, private collection
- Karey Bresnehan, private collection
- Pamela Allen, private collection
- Mary McBride, private collection
- Debbie Babin, private collection
- Carolyn Lee Veshlage, private collection